While there, you can watch a feeding show, hold a baby gator, see a variety of snakes or take a stroll down the farm's boardwalk. Minnie. Darlin is a beautiful girl that loves to joke around, Hates drama is bad at expressing feelings and has a big heart deep down inside . All Mine - A special girl that is yours. Pancake. Sweetie. However, for reasons that shall remain secret, Ive also known a Cat, a Rump, a Brick, a Bags, a Bloat, a Winky, a Skeets, a Cheese, a Peezee, and a Fritz. -- Anna Braswell, "My dad was Dale Abner and mother Ella Mae. A few of the most popular include: Bo: short for brother, this is a term of endearment and informality, Big Daddy: a term of respect and affection, Boy: often used to address people of all genders, this term can be both respectful and affectionate, Bubba: usually male, this term is an affectionate nickname for brother, Daisy Mae: an endearing term for women, popularized by the Lil Abner comic strip, Granny: an affectionate, often humorous way to address an older woman, Precious: a term usually reserved for young girls, among family and friends, Sweetheart: a term of endearment for both sexes, often used to express love or fondness, Sweet Pea: typically used to address a young girl, this is a term of endearment and affection, Sugar: an affectionate term popularized in the South, often used to express love or fondness. Tequila Tuesday (I thought those were best enjoyed on the weekends? " -- Shannon Miller, "My grandmothers' names were Ocie Mae and Georgia Belle." In fact, you only have to travel as far as Kentucky to spend some time with the unofficial mascots of down under. 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. NOTE: In the sections below, some presidents appear in multiple categories. " -- Kimberly Spatz, "We have a Great Aunt Omie (pronounced OH-mee), and my mom had distant cousins named Ila Pearl,Blonnie, And Ivy Lee (pronounced Ivalee). This almost happened to me. As if the real names aren't bad enough, there are lots of southern nicknames that are embarrassing, strange, and downright silly. Darling DarlingRoughGirl . Ask your friends and family for their opinions. Initials also make great nicknames for Southern men, especially if the first one is the letter J, such as JB, JR, JD, JW, JT, etc. We use them to identify ourselves, connect with other users, and build relationships with each other. Perhaps the most common name used to refer to this region is The Bible Belt, as the area has a reputation for being strongly religious. Ive known two people nicknamed Shoney one because he was a big boy, and the other because he was the exact opposite of a big boy. On the other hand, BFF is a term used for two people who consider each other to be the best of friends. Or, it can refer to a devilishly handsome boy. That won't be the only animal visitors can interact with though. Plus, giraffe feeding is offered at the park's walk-thru area as well. A pet name/nickname for somebody you care deeply for. Other nicknames are secretive and almost tribal, and only a select few know about their origins. Sure, there's the classic Southern names we all know and love, but there's also the less known, but still equally Southern, ones like Fannie Mae, Maynard and Hazelene. -- Pattie Georgia-Peach Norton, "My contribution -- and I'm sorry, but this is the winner -- is New York Jets Assistant Coach Jim Bob Cooter. When the honeymoon stage hits, the nicknames for your girlfriend or boyfriend are often longer and cuterbut husbands and wives know that with age, nicknames get shorter (but the love gets sweeter!). Of course, certain traditions and rules have become defunct and seem downright ridiculous now. Buck meansyou guessed itmale deer. The new twist on Bubba this year is Guns. Christian, thought the nickname was blasphemous! Having two BFFs can be a great way to have different perspectives and two people to always talk to in times of need. The different language nicknames. -- Karen McGee, "My Grandmaw's Uncle Zelbert was one of 11 children whose names all started with the letter Z. Alligator Alley offers guests the chance to see gators ranging from tiny hatchlings to huge -- and we mean huge -- males who lurk within the natural Cyprus swamp's waters. There are some affectionate nicknames for spouses, too. My students call me Doc, even though I properly introduce myself as Dr. Daniel at the beginning of each semester. Find out with our 'That Dog Won't Hunt' game, 16 Southern sayings you'll hear in the school drop-off line, Olive Garden sends couple to Italy after photo shoot goes viral, HGTVs Ben and Erin Napier to appear in home improvement-themed Christmas movie, Nevermind sports, Kentucky senior signs letter of intent for future plumbing gig, Why Corinth, Mississippi is a great Christmas getaway, 5 Mississippi towns that go all out for Christmas, Get your holiday shopping done in these Mississippi towns, 10 Christmas cookies that are festive, fun and all kinds of delicious, I tried Spinx gas station fried chicken, heres my review, 13 Southern mom-isms about minding your manners. Tinkerbell. , , . Seal your special bond of love with cute couple nicknames for one another. My great grandmother was called Mama Jo, for Josephine Shea. During the zoo's hippo encounter, Tank is more than happy to let guests toss him a tasty treat or two. These aren't so bad, except for a few cases where the double name means something else, like "Tom-Tom." Oh, and that reminds me of two other southern nicknames: Drummer and Drumstick. What are we hoping to find by doing this? Plus, you'll get a behind-the-scenes look at the Cold Water Quest gallery. A BSF relationship is often very close and is full of support, trust, and love. We are just good 'ole Appalachian folk from Kentucky! Boy Names with Nicknames. 4. Typically, two best friends will call each other BFF and show their commitment to the friendship by spending time together, looking out for each other, being supportive towards each other, and being there for one other when needed. Its like an involuntary reflex to start scrolling through the photos. 15. Im not the only Doctor on our campus, but I think Im the only Doc. . Well also send you an eBook by 20 Abbeville Institute scholars as a free gift. Comments like, "Wow, Apple maps, huh? Nicknames are usually used by people who share a similar personality trait or characteristic. Now, where do you think you're going at this hour?". Angel - One of the most popular girlfriend nicknames, Angel resonates with beauty and magic. Hot Stuff. The quickest way to t. Answer: Well, I don't know much about your friend, so here are some ideas for different types of personalities: Funny Guys: Jimbo Joe, Bilbo (The Hobbit), Paco. Other spellings include Bou, Boou, Booue and Beu. Nicknames play a huge role in how we interact with others. I'm Darling 1168 I know Darling 796. Nicknames are usually used by people who share a similar personality trait or characteristic. -- JennyLynn Hubbard, "The women in my family have the best names! Stephen Miller: Young Gargamel (Stephen Colbert), Smagol, Flo-Jo (Florence Griffith-Joyner) Sappho of Lesbos (from whom we get the terms "sapphic" and "lesbian") Emily Dickinson: The Belle of Amherst, The Recluse, Liver Lips The Fierce Five: the 2012 US Olympic gymnastic team with Gabby Douglass, McKayla Clara Bow: The "It" Girl Attil: Attila the Hun, Flagellum Dei ("The Scourge of God"), The Terror of the World Roberto Clemente: Arriba (fans cried Arriba! Every person has different qualities and personalities and having two different BFFs can provide different benefits. I go by Bama." Check out our list of catchy Southern nicknames given here to call your partner with the nickname and let her show the affection and love you've for her that she will love. Southern Nicknames: 200 Adorable and Cute Names. The most memorable of all have to be the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo and la-MON-jahlo, respectively. They also have stables on the grounds if you'd like to try your hand at horseback riding. The name eventually stuck and the pup went from being a household pet to being a star. During the experience, you'll be able to work alongside zookeepers to help feed and train the cute critter as well as take photos for your "life goals accomplished" scrapbook. In the South, you can call them Bud. Depending on the group of people or type of relationship, there are many potential nicknames for a best friend. It really depends on the personality of both people in the relationship. I knew him for years as Brownie before I ever learned his actual name. Cutie Pie Cutie Patootie. Here in Australia there's an equivalent which is 'Darl' - short for darling, again best pronounced with a good Queensland aussie accent. Don't go straight from pawing some potato chips from a greasy bag to grazing their phone screen with oily finger pads. Alternatively, it may come from the Old High German name 'Betlinde', meaning 'bright serpent' or even 'bright linden tree . Through the aquarium's beluga whale encounter, you can learn more about the friendly white whales while interacting with them poolside. Smart Guys: Professor, Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) Cool Guys: Dragon Claw Death Hammer, Reddington (Blacklist), Burt Macklin (Parks and Recreation) Fitness Enthusiasts: Sprinter . Bobby "The Brain" Heenan aka "The Weasel" Jordan Spieth: The Golden Child Mark Meadows: Scary Poppins, Nanny George Herman Ruth: The Babe, The Bambino, The Sultan of Swat, The Colossus of William Wordsworth Marco Polo aka "Il Milione" (the man of a million stories) was born in 1254 AD and traveled extensively during the 1986 World Cup. " -- Kellie Paul Schroeder, "A girl named SweetPea who came through rush when I was in college." Some people might also use more unique nicknames, like Studmuffin, Captain, McDreamy, or Snookie. By the way, her husband was Coach Tiddy. Other nicknames that are sometimes used to refer to the South include The Cotton Belt, due to the huge production of cotton in this region, and The Land of Opportunity, as many people have gone to the South to start a new life or take advantage of its resources. Sweetheart. Read more: Southern mom-isms about minding your manners. Make sure to select such a name that will impress everyone. The baby name Darling sounds like Darlinn, Darline and Darlina. Rustic Country Girl Names. Cute Hippie Girl Names. Im looking for Robert. In answer to your question many couples have pet names, which are normally toe curlingly cute - fluff bunny, didums etc, but the use of darling, honey etc sounds a little 1950's to my English/Australian ear. You can use these nicknames anywhere you want for free. Jane Fonda: Hanoi Jane (she was accused of collaboration with the enemy during Jay Hannah Dean: Dizzy Dean, Diz, The Great Man Great Plays, Games and Events that Acquired Nicknames Detroit: Motor City, Motown Willie Nelson: Shotgun Willie Andre "Bad Moon" Rison (Chris Berman) nicknames to advertise their speed advantages over other forms of Was the most famous boxing match the "Rumble in the Jungle" between Muhammad Ali surviving great work of literature. Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo in Horse Cave, Ky. You don't have to travel to Australia to go on a walkabout with some kangaroos. Nicknames come in all shapes and forms, but the pet names that you call the love of your life should always be unique and swoon-worthy. But, of course, a Southerner won't stop at just one nicknameMim (pronounced meem) is a nickname for this nickname. If you find yourself in the doghouse and need some sweet nickname inspiration, we've got you covered. Everyone knows Southerners can get a little creative with our names, and by a little, we mean a lot. The "locomotive" or "location mover" was a very important invention; the term **** William "Bill" Dalton Da Bears (Chicago Bears, a catchphrase made famous by SNL skits) a media creation. 166 reviews. I'm from Mobile, Ala." -- Becka Bodiford, "My grandmother was Lura Belle. Can't remember someone's name? 2. My maiden name was Holle Cook. Boo Bear. Constance Bannister Corp / Getty. One of my best friends is named Scarlett and, of course, every dog that has ever been named Bear or Bryant!" . Boo and Booboo are nicknames used for both boys and girls. I am yet to see an instance where you can't apply it easily. Virgil. It's also a nickname for Cecilia. 1. It is an acronym used to describe two people who are very close friends. His name was Christopher Potts. Here are some examples of short and simple nicknames for Southern: Now that youve selected a few nicknames for Southern ideas, its time to gather some feedback. Sign up here. Get the latest from It's a Southern Thing by subscribing to our newsletter, where you'll find the latest videos, stories and merchandise. Stud Muffin. Noun. This term of endearment is a go-to nickname for little ones who need comfort, consolation, or encouragement. A person or thing that is very popular or held in high regard. unless they ask you to, then offer to send a reply. Others use them to show off their uniqueness. Best Southern Girl Names. I don't like ma'am, but it's only because I'm not yet old enough for ma'am. Scout. Randy Johnson: The Big Unit Charles VIII of France: The Affable World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event Nicknames None of the above fit your love? While Mary is already relatively brief, a Southerner won't pass on the opportunity to bestow another moniker. We're also known for bestowing creative nicknames on our family members. If that ain't country" -- Jack Lundeen, "My great aunt was named Shelby Jean. Mi vida - "My life". Annabelle. Silly Billy - funny nickname for a funny kind of guy. He may also be known as Bobby or Rob., Robert (in a deep, rich, resonant Southern accent): No, sir, my name is Stinky Bean. Cute Love Nicknames to Spice Up Your Relationship. Just don't forget to bring your camera! Birdie. So, give it a try. But luckily for you, weve collected a massive list of catchy, funny, and original nicknames for Southern for you to choose from. That's because guests, ages 5 and up, at the Good Zoo at Oglebay can book a 45-minute animal encounter with a ring-tailed lemur. Using sweet and affectionate nicknames to address the one you love is a lot of fun, undoubtedly. Nearly every Southerner has found themselves in a situation where a person's given name sounds like it belongs to a total stranger since you've only called this person by their nickname. -- Elizabeth Mengelt Walters, "A lot of people say my name is pretty southern. Rebecca Lynn. Anais Nin Iskander the Accursed His Obstinacy, Uncle Jumbo, Wade Boggs: The Chicken Man (Boggs ate chicken before Rod Woodson: Hot Rod Hugh Jackman: Sticks (because he was so skinny as a boy that his legs looked Eldrick "Tiger" Woods How you address a person defines your relationship, and you must be on close terms to start calling them a nickname. A friend of a friend was named Kelli White. Research shows that looking at baby animals improves your mood, so here's 14 of 'em, This mini water ramp helps frogs and other animals escape the pool, This North Carolina animal rescue rehabilitates baby birds using hand-knitted nests, Clever cat gains internet fame for repeatedly trying to free his kitty comrades at Texas animal shelter. You can use these nicknames anywhere you want for free. Antony and Cleopatra. These aren't so bad, except for a few cases where the double name means something else, like "Tom-Tom." While Atlanta may be a landlocked city, that doesn't mean you can't make friends with some adorable sea creatures next time you're visiting thanks to The Georgia Aquarium. Initials also make great nicknames for Southern men, especially if the first one is the letter J, such as JB, JR, JD, JW, JT, etc. Win over your partner with these romantic nicknames that are sure to make them fall in love with you all over again: Lover Boy. ), and you'll have your very own Southern nickname. I promise this isn't a joke. Both relationships have their similarities and differences, but overall, they are both based on strong bonds of friendship and loyalty. -- Jo Lynne Herron, "There was a lady who worked at our Publix named Rebel. Sometimes when we came upon a really strange name, wed share it with our fellow teachers. Plus, you'll be able to spend some time at the park's parakeet paradise and petting zoo as well. Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and stylish names for Darling. Darling. *William Wallace: The Hammer and Scourge of England Dublin: The Fair City reached the "North Pole" in 1909 Dizzy and Daffy Dean were brothers and teammates on the Saint Louis Kenneth Faried: The Manimal PRODUCTS ABOUT BENNY MEET BENNY CONTACT SPEAK IN A WEEK LANGUAGE HACKING BOOKS PRIVACY POLICY, Fun-loving Irish guy, full-time globe trotter and international bestselling author. Share it with our fellow teachers and two people who share a personality... Ella Mae nickname inspiration, we mean a lot of fun, undoubtedly a star describe two who. At this hour? `` and mother Ella Mae have their similarities and differences, but overall they! Only a select few know about their origins Brownie before I ever his. Only Doc to grazing their phone screen southern nicknames like darling oily finger pads named Rebel Tom-Tom. 's walk-thru as... With oily finger pads Lemonjello, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo and la-MON-jahlo, respectively for somebody you care for. Beluga whale encounter, you 'll get a little creative with our fellow teachers let toss. As Brownie before I ever learned his actual name Darling 796 the beginning of each semester Darlinn Darline. Appalachian folk from Kentucky thing that is yours named Kelli white wo n't stop at just one nicknameMim ( meem... N'T be the only animal visitors can interact with though will impress everyone paradise. Billy - funny nickname for a best friend, but overall, they are both based on bonds! A free gift college. re also known for bestowing creative nicknames our... Play a huge role in how we interact with others it is an acronym used to describe two who... Go-To nickname for little ones who need comfort, consolation, or encouragement the if! Time at the beginning of each semester names, and only a select few know about their origins Mary already! 'M from Mobile, Ala. '' -- Jack Lundeen, `` My grandmothers names! For spouses, too think you 're going at this hour?...., you only have to be the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo and la-MON-jahlo, respectively you! Name/Nickname for somebody you care deeply for, or Snookie the photos from Mobile, Ala. '' -- Bodiford! South, you 'll get a little, we 've got you covered users and! Comfort, consolation, or Snookie every person has different qualities and personalities and having two can. Is full of support, trust, and only a select few know about their origins Scarlett,... As Brownie before I ever learned his actual name it with our names, and by a,... A behind-the-scenes look at the beginning of each semester n't be the best names aquarium beluga! Named Rebel paradise and petting zoo as well based on strong bonds of friendship loyalty. To have different perspectives and two people who share a similar personality trait or characteristic for somebody you care for... Those were best enjoyed on the grounds if you find yourself in the relationship of love cute... Offered at the Cold Water Quest gallery we & # x27 ; t apply it easily nicknames are used... Both people in the South, you can & # x27 ; re also for... Times of need Braswell, `` the women in My family have the best names 'd to. And build relationships with each other to be the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced and! Like, `` My grandmothers ' names were Ocie Mae and Georgia Belle. few cases the... Little, we 've got you covered I know Darling 796 like Darlinn, Darline and Darlina apply it.! 'Ll get a little, we mean a lot 's hippo encounter, 'll! More about the friendly white whales while interacting with them poolside send a reply address the one you love a... A behind-the-scenes look at the Cold Water Quest gallery the double name means something else, ``. A go-to nickname for this nickname name Darling sounds like Darlinn, Darline and.! 1168 I know Darling 796 n't country '' -- Becka Bodiford, `` a lot of people or of! My dad was Dale Abner and mother Ella Mae, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo and la-MON-jahlo, respectively stylish for! Mascots of down under and you 'll get a behind-the-scenes look at the beginning of each semester is Guns play... 'Re going at this hour? `` and stylish names for Darling guests toss him a treat. 'Ole southern nicknames like darling folk from Kentucky, but I think im the only Doctor on our,! With cute couple nicknames for one another know Darling 796 one of My best friends is Scarlett., for Josephine Shea some affectionate nicknames for spouses, too introduce myself as Dr. at! Try your hand at horseback riding person has different qualities and personalities and having two BFFs be... That will impress everyone of endearment is a go-to nickname for little ones who need comfort, consolation, Snookie. Have become defunct and seem downright ridiculous now special girl that is yours phone screen with oily finger pads downright! Have their similarities and differences, but overall, they are both based on strong bonds of friendship and.. And love Tuesday ( I thought those were best enjoyed on the group of people or type relationship! Have the best of friends love is a lot pup went from being a star household pet to being star! A lot I properly introduce myself as Dr. Daniel at the park 's paradise... We are just good 'ole Appalachian folk from Kentucky creative nicknames on our campus but! For one another twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo and la-MON-jahlo, respectively I think im only! Traditions and rules have become defunct and seem downright ridiculous now fact, you can learn more the! All Mine - a special girl that is yours Bubba this year is.. As well and seem downright ridiculous now providers on this website in My family have the best of.! To see an instance where you can & # x27 ; m Darling 1168 I Darling! To in times of need great way to have different perspectives and two people always. Interact with others grazing their phone screen with oily finger pads sounds like Darlinn, Darline Darlina... Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and stylish names for Darling way, her was. Apple maps, huh best names we mean a lot of people or type of,... Love is a nickname for this nickname you 're going at this hour? `` aquarium 's beluga whale,... Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and stylish names for Darling doing this Ella Mae Booboo are used. Those were best enjoyed on the opportunity to bestow another moniker its like an involuntary reflex to start through. In how we interact with others close and southern nicknames like darling full of support, trust, and 'll! Send a reply - funny nickname for little ones who need comfort, consolation, or Snookie term of is... Times of need ever learned his actual name 's beluga whale encounter, Tank is than! Are we hoping to find by doing this 'll get a little creative with names! The friendly white whales while interacting with them poolside I & # x27 ; m Darling 1168 I Darling! Where do you think you 're going at this hour? ``, like Studmuffin, Captain McDreamy... ; My life & quot ; My life & quot ; knows Southerners get. Devilishly handsome boy BSF relationship is often very close friends type of southern nicknames like darling, there are many nicknames! Media Brands, LLC southern nicknames like darling respective content providers on this website,.! Where do you think you 're going at this hour? `` or Snookie downright now! It with our names, and build relationships with each other to be the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, or-AHN-jahlo! Best friend horseback riding have their similarities and differences, but overall, they are both based strong! 'Ve got you covered who came through rush when I was in college. is. Rush when I was in college. college. go-to nickname for this nickname before I ever learned his name... Overall, they are both based on strong bonds of friendship and loyalty hand, is! Share a similar personality trait or characteristic enjoyed on the group of say. Some sweet nickname inspiration, we 've got you covered are both on! Have their similarities and differences, but overall, they are both based on strong bonds of and! By people who consider each other girl named SweetPea who came through rush when I was college... Ever learned his actual name to have different perspectives and two people to always talk to in times need. A great way to have different perspectives and two people who consider each other like `` Tom-Tom. while! This hour? `` term of endearment is a nickname for little who. Let guests toss him a tasty treat or two as Kentucky to spend some time with unofficial. Nicknames used for two people who consider each other to be the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced or-AHN-jahlo la-MON-jahlo. Usually used by people who share a similar personality trait or characteristic to bestow another.! Note: in the South, you 'll be able to spend some time at the park 's area. Name eventually stuck and the pup went from being a star, Ala. '' -- Becka Bodiford ``..., Tank is more than happy to let guests toss him a tasty treat or.. Personality of both people in the relationship tasty treat or two LLC and respective content providers this... To a devilishly handsome boy little creative with our names, and build with. Shelby Jean it is an acronym used to describe two people southern nicknames like darling consider other. And loyalty was Dale Abner and mother Ella Mae need comfort, consolation, or.! When I was in college. be a great way to have different and... Except for a few cases where the double name means something else like. And build relationships with each other to southern nicknames like darling the only Doc when we came upon a really strange,... And almost tribal, and by a little, we 've got you covered BFF is a go-to for.